[SIGCIS-Members] Question about early female architect barred from men's club

Jonathan Coopersmith j-coopersmith at tamu.edu
Fri Sep 10 19:41:15 PDT 2021

There are other stories about other women unable to meet with professors
and other professionals because their clubs banned women -- e.g. Anna G.
Perkins, *Yale Needs Women*.

Stay sane and keep wearing a mask (partially for you; more for others),

Jonathan

Jonathan Coopersmith
Professor
Department of History
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77843-4236
979.739.4708 (cell)
979.862.4314 (fax)

Voting challenges:
https://theeagle.com/opinion/columnists/texas-should-be-the-model-for-secure-voting/article_4c35a332-e42c-11eb-b0d8-534c59b58ebe.html

Preserving space archives:  https://www.toboldlypreserve.space/

International standards battles:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/geek-life/history/lets-thwart-this-terrible-idea-for-standards-setting
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/geek-life/history/lets-thwart-this-terrible-idea-for-standards-setting__;!!KwNVnqRv!R4dbJx9DOnSkoiNAwXjHq9sp5vMvdGEVtOMlWJUc6AH7iQiRA7bw1VEUYeo6i2St9sgf$>

*FAXED.  The Rise and Fall of the Fax Machine* (Johns Hopkins University
Press)