[SIGCIS-Members] Origins of "clean" code

Cliff Jones cliff.jones at newcastle.ac.uk
Sat Sep 4 02:45:01 PDT 2021

Going way back, I remember chatting to Harlan Mills (who went on to pioneer “clean room” with Baker in IBM’s FSD) suggesting that there should be a picture gallery with good pieces of code hung in frames - I can’t remember for sure whether the adjective he used on that occasion was actually “good” and I have no evidence that he ever implemented the idea

cliff