[SIGCIS-Members] CBI for Computing, Info. & Culture--Norberg Travel Grants or Scanning Grants

Jeffrey Yost yostx003 at umn.edu
Tue Nov 9 19:16:57 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

This year we have had some travelling in-person researchers at CBI as well
as heavy remote use of our archives (MN Covid-19 daily new cases remain
surprisingly high, near 4,000, and hospitals are near full capacity).  As
such, we are accepting Norberg Grant applications either for $1,000 for
travel from out of state here to spend at least three days, or $400
scanning grants to use collections remotely (So the option of the normal
program or for remote use as we did last year). The application page
is  Norberg
Travel Grant application process
<https://cse.umn.edu/cbi/norberg-travel-grant-application-process>

Deadline is Jan. 15th, 2022

Best, Jeff

*"Injustice wears the same harsh face wherever it shows itself."*-Ralph
Ellison

Jeffrey R. Yost, Ph.D.
Director, Charles Babbage Institute
Research Professor, History of Science, Technology, and Medicine

Co-Editor (w/ Gerardo Con Diaz)
*Studies in Computing and Culture book series, Johns Hopkins University
Press*

*Committee Member, **National Academies, NAE Extraordinary Engineering
Impacts on Society *

Founder and Co-Editor (w/ Amanda Wick),

*Interfaces: Essays and Reviews in Computing and Culture*

*Making IT Work: A History of the Computer Services Industry (MIT Press
2017)*
<https://www.amazon.com/Making-Work-Computer-Services-Computing/dp/026203672X>

222  21st Avenue South
University of Minnesota