[SIGCIS-Members] CACM essay about Levy's 1984 book _Hackers_

Brian Randell brian.randell at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Mar 26 17:09:05 PDT 2021

Hi Tom:

I really liked your essay on Levy's book.  As I was reading it my thoughts strayed to Stuart Brand's 'Whole Earth Catalogue' - and then was delighted to see that your essay did make reference to it. Might I encourage you to consider writing an essay just on and around Brand's splendid book - I acquired a copy when it first came out - and persuaded the local academic bookshop to stock it for our computer science students . I still treasure my first edition.

Cheers

Brian

—

School of Computing, Newcastle University, 1 Science Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 5TG
EMAIL = Brian.Randell at ncl.ac.uk   PHONE = +44 191 208 7923
URL = http://www.ncl.ac.uk/computing/people/profile/brianrandell.html