[SIGCIS-Members] Plans for SIGCIS at 2021 SHOT

Laine Nooney laine.nooney at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:51:21 PST 2021

Hi David (and everyone else on this list)

The Meetings team has be working over the past month to come up with what
we think the best solution is for offering the sigcis community a chance to
connection, while bearing in mind that travel will likely continue to be
incredibly foreshortened for many US academics (if not outright impossible
for many of our international colleagues).

Our current plan, which is still in development, is to host a several day,
single stream online conference separate from SHOT (possible even during a
different month, so as to not draw participants away from SHOT). There
*will* be plans to have the traditional sigcis lunch on Friday, attended by
members of the Exec who are able to attend. We hope to have more
information within the next month or so.

All best,
Laine Nooney <http://www.lainenooney.com/>

Assistant Professor |  MCC <http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/mcc/> @ NYU
<http://www.nyu.edu/>  | she/they

-Need to make an appt? Click, don't email: https://bit.ly/2GIHuK0
-Probably typed by voice recognition, so please cherish typos