[SIGCIS-Members] Oral history interviewer for VCF, Aug 7 & 8

LO*OP CENTER, INC. lizaloop at loopcenter.org
Thu Jul 22 17:35:59 PDT 2021

Dear SHOT and SIGCIS Folks,

I'd like to recruit 4 or 5 of you to help collect oral histories at the Vintage
Computer Festival-West
<https://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-west/> in
Mountain View, CA on August 7 and 8. Most attendees and exhibitors will be
hobbyists, hardware and software aficionados, and gamers. My particular
interest is in the intersection of computing and education. Often this will
be non-formal or informal learning but sometimes it may be school, college
or on-the-job training.

I want to explore with interviewees:
1. What they learned in their early contacts with computers
2. How what they have learned has impacted what they are doing now
3. Their vision of how computing (and communication) technologies can
enhance learning in the future

If you are interested in this project, please contact me directly whenever
you have time. If you can help me out at the Festival the first weekend in
August, please get in touch immediately. Experience in oral history is
helpful but not necessary. We can teach each other.

Thanks in advance,

Liza
lizaloop at loopcenter.org

--