[SIGCIS-Members] Gravitational Waves Event

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 17:42:35 PST 2021

Hello, all,

This is a bit off-topic for this list, but I thought you would still
be interested in this Feb. 3 IEEE Milestone dedication to honor 3
Gravitational-Wave Antennas, in Washington State and Louisiana, USA, along
with one near Pisa, Italy.

This summarizes the event in 140 characters:
 *An international event recognizing how massive antennas in the US and
Italy confirmed Einstein's 1916 prediction about the nature of gravity*

I have embellished this website with lots of background information:
 www.GWAMilestone.com
It includes some fascinating videos - the ones of the three 2017 Nobel
Laureates in Physics are priceless, and this event will feature them in an
enchanting conversation about - the Universe.

Register for this event on that website - it will be available
internationally as an online event.

Best wishes.
________________________
Brian A. Berg / bberg at StanfordAlumni.org
Berg Software Design - LinkedIn Profile
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianaberg/>
14500 Big Basin Way, Suite F, Saratoga, CA 95070 USA
Voice: 408.741.5010 / Cell: 408.568.2505
Consulting: Flash Memory/USB/Storage/Patents
visit the Storage Cornucopia: www.bswd.com
FMS Technical Chair: www.FlashMemorySummit.com
IEEE Milestone
<http://www.ieeeghn.org/wiki/index.php/Milestones:List_of_IEEE_Milestones>
Coordinator & History Chair for Region 6 <http://www.ieee-region6.org/>
IEEE History Committee
<https://www.ieee.org/about/history-center/history-committee.html> Member
IEEE SCV Section <http://www.ieee.org/scv/> Past Chair / IEEE-CNSV
<http://www.CaliforniaConsultants.org> Board Director
IEEE Silicon Valley Tech History Committee
<http://www.SiliconValleyHistory.com/> Chair