[SIGCIS-Members] Essay on Silicon Valley and behaviorism

Anne Fitzpatrick acbfitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:10:15 PST 2021

Shreeharsh,

Thanks for sharing your very interesting and thoughtful piece!  Glad to see
other social scientists researching Big Tech and trying to make sense of
where it is headed and understand those who work for that industry. In a
similar vein, I'd like to share the attached with the SIGCIS community;
it's a book chapter I had published in November on the future of High
Performance Computing, written as part of a philosophical homage to
Professor Joe Pitt at Virginia Tech's Philosophy Dept.

I don't have much of a public persona but I work for the Department of
Defense as a Tech Director by day, and serve as an adjunct Prof at Virginia
Tech's Science & Technology Studies Department in my off hours, where I
wrote this chapter.  Apologies that this version isn't machine readable but
the electronic version hasn't come out yet.  Happy New Year to All.

Best,
Anne
703-981-3470