[SIGCIS-Members] Graphics Gathering

David C. Brock dcb at dcbrock.net
Mon Feb 22 06:12:35 PST 2021

For people interested in the history of computer graphics, my colleagues and I at CHM just learned about a recent online reunion meeting of the community around an annual Valentine’s Day computer “Graphics Gathering” in the Bay Area that started in 1981. It appears to have been quite a heterogeneous group: Attendees at the recent reunion included Ted Nelson, Dan Kotkke, Liza Loop, and many others. The reunion was a multi-hour Google Meet that was recorded. More on the Graphics Gathering here: http://ecocre8.com/ <http://ecocre8.com/>

I thought that someone interested in the history of computer graphics might want to dig into this, get a copy of the recording from the reunion organizers, etc.

All the best,

David
David C. Brock
dcb at dcbrock.net