[SIGCIS-Members] History of computing in medicine -- references?

Jeffrey Mathias jm2499 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 12 11:07:31 PST 2021

Jeremy Green at Johns Hopkins has a fantastic looking book on telemedicine
coming out soon that should touch on this, I think. Hannah Zeavin also has
a brilliant soon to be released book on teletherapy
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/distance-cure> that would probably be
relevant as well.

Jeff

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 1:33 PM Aristotle Tympas <tympas at phs.uoa.gr> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
> A question from Katerina Vlantoni, a department colleague:
> "Can you suggest references on the history of computing in medicine
> (beyond the book/articles by Joseph November?)"
> Thank you in advance,
> Telly
>

> --
> Aristotle Tympas, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
> <https://en.uoa.gr/>
> Professor & Chair, Department of History and Philosophy of Science
> <http://www.phs.uoa.gr/>
> Faculty, Graduate Program ‘History and Philosophy of Science and
> Technology’ <https://hpst.phs.uoa.gr/>
> Director, Graduate Program ‘Science, Technology, Society—Science,
> Technology, Studies <https://sts.phs.uoa.gr/>’
>
> Publications (links-extracts): http://scholar.uoa.gr/tympas
>
> Mail: P.O. Box 18310, Athens 11610, Greece, Email: tympas at phs.uoa.gr

Jeffrey Mathias
AHA/NASA History of Space Technology Fellow
PhD Candidate
Department of Science and Technology Studies
Cornell University
jeffreymathias.info