[SIGCIS-Members] Fw: New CBI Website/Pandemic times research w/ CBI materials (born digital/digitized collections online, oral histories, scanning services...)

Jeffrey Yost yostx003 at umn.edu
Fri Feb 5 16:17:04 PST 2021

Many thanks Paul!   I knew the Smithsonian was offered the material first
but did not realize that National Air and Space took possession and donated
it to CBI, good to know, and so grateful for it! I've been at CBI a long
time, but this was before my time here and only had heard pieces of its
provenance. Was not aware of this bibliography, that is great to know, and
we also have a very extensive finding aid as I mentioned.   We are very
grateful for the collection and it has been used by hundreds of researchers
over the past quarter century, and reports and papers from it are cited
frequently in scholarship.

Best, Jeff

*"Injustice wears the same harsh face wherever it shows itself."*-Ralph
Ellison

Jeffrey R. Yost, Ph.D.
Director, Charles Babbage Institute
Research Professor, Program in the History of Science, Technology, and
Medicine

222  21st Avenue South
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455