[SIGCIS-Members] Useful video clips of Turing Award winners

thomas.haigh at gmail.com thomas.haigh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:16:42 PST 2021

Please do go ahead and distribute widely! The group to credit for the availability of both the full length interviews and the interview clips is the ACM History Committee. I did the work to identify and edit the clips, under contract to ACM, but was not responsible for the longer interviews they are taken from. Within the committee, Roy Levin has had primary responsibility for overseeing the Turing-related work.

I know that the History Committee is doing its own work to announce the clips via SIGCSE and other venues, so this message was targeted particularly at the SIGCIS community. But as I said, I have absolutely no objection to it or the videos being circulated to anyone who might be interested. The more people watch them, the better the return on ACM’s investment in the project.