[SIGCIS-Members] Historical Computing Machines Series Volumes

STEPHEN KAISLER skaisler1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 07:52:58 PST 2021

Folks:

Over the past four years, I have published six volumes in my Historical Computing Machines Series through Cambridge Scholars publishing of Newcastle-on-Tyne, England. These books are available through their website: https://cambridgescholars.com

The six volumes to date are:

Birthing the Computer: From Relays to Vacuum Tubes
Birthing the Computer: From Drums to Cores
First Generation Mainframes: The IBM 700 Series
Second Generation Mainframes: The IBM 7000 Series
Mainframe Computer Systems: The General Electric Corporation
The Univac Corporation: In From The Beginning

The next book in the series: The Burroughs Corporation: Innovation in Architecture, will be submitted in a few week.

The next books in the series are anticipated to be (tentative titles):
Mainframe Computer Systems: Honeywell Incorporated
Control Data Corporation: Speed and More Speed

I continue to search for manuals, documents, reports, etc. that can help me provide an accurate picture of these machines that have contributed to the development of Computer Science and Information Processing.

Steve Kaisler, D.Sc.