[SIGCIS-Members] TT position in social and ethical implications of artificial intelligence

Ensmenger, Nathan nensmeng at indiana.edu
Wed Dec 1 06:40:31 PST 2021

Many of you are aware of this TT position already, but just in case, we are coming to the end of our application period.  If you are interested in applying, or have students/colleagues who might be, have them send me an email.  I am chairing the search, and so can provide more Information.  In theory we start receiving applications today, but given that this is the end of the semester, there is still time to get an application in.

-Nathan

---
Nathan Ensmenger
Associate Professor, Informatics

Assistant Professor, Informatics

The Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering at Indiana University (IU) Bloomington invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Informatics Department to begin on August 1, 2022.  We are particularly interested in candidates whose research explores the social and ethical implications of artificial intelligence and other computing technologies, including but not limited to algorithmic bias, social justice, the future of work, sustainability, and/or health and wellness.

The Department of Informatics is the largest of four academic units within the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering.  With almost 1200 undergraduate majors, the Informatics undergraduate program is one of the most popular and successful on the Indiana University Bloomington campus.  The faculty consists of 48 members with backgrounds in disciplines as diverse as physics, sociology, linguistics, history, and computer science.

We seek candidates prepared to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education, especially those with experience in teaching or working with diverse student populations. Duties will include research, teaching multi-level courses both online and in person, participating in course design and assessment, and service to the School.

Applications received before December 1, 2021 will be assured full consideration; however, the search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.

Candidates should review application requirements, become informed about IU, the Luddy School, and its many opportunities, and apply online:

https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/11500

The Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering (https://luddy.indiana.edu/) is the first of its kind and among the largest in the country. Its mission is to excel and lead in education, research, and outreach spanning and integrating the full breadth of computing, information technology and modern engineering. It includes over 140 faculty and 2800 students. In addition to Informatics, it includes the departments of Computer Science, Information and Library Science, and Intelligent Systems Engineering.

Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Indiana University provides a comprehensive benefits program for full-time appointed employees. Coverage for core benefit plans, such as Basic Life Insurance and a base retirement plan, are entirely paid by the University. For detailed benefit options please visit:  https://hr.iu.edu/benefits/neweeo/prof-index.html

Located in the wooded rolling hills of southern Indiana, Bloomington is a culturally thriving college town with a moderate cost of living and the amenities for an active lifestyle. IU is renowned for its top-ranked music school, high performance computing and networking facilities, and performing and fine arts.

Links to additional information which may be of interest:

https://luddy.indiana.edu/

https://luddy.indiana.edu/about/faculty-openings.html

https://www.indiana.edu/

https://hr.iu.edu/benefits/neweeo/prof-index.html