[SIGCIS-Members] Query about invention of wired networking

Dennis Y.T. dt2406 at columbia.edu
Tue Aug 24 14:56:35 PDT 2021

Doug, I suggest you think about this question in the context of signalling
and communications more broadly. Specifically, consider the genealogy of
telegraphy, which begins with connected machines and includes the idea of
remote automation, predating Turing by centuries. Best,

Dennis

Dennis Yi Tenen
Associate Professor, English and Comparative Literature
Data Science Institute, Affiliated Member, Data, Media and Society
Columbia University
denten.github.io/ | @dennistenen <https://twitter.com/dennistenen> |
415.215.3315
*Plain Text: The Poetics of Computation