[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS CONFERENCE 2021: Schedule and Registration Now Live

Laine Nooney laine.nooney at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 06:28:39 PDT 2021

Dear SIGCIS Community,

I am pleased to announce schedule and registration information for our
annual conference, SIGCIS 2021: Online Edition, from Sept 23-25. We have
over 50 participants from across the globe giving presentations over the
course of the conference's three days. Our keynote panel is called "Stack
Trace: The Limits of History," and features Rayvon Fouché, Lisa Nakamura,
Jason Edward Lewis + Lucy Suchman, moderated by Morgan Ames. We expect this
to be a fantastic 3 days!

You can check out the full program here: http://meetings.sigcis.org/ and
register here: https://bit.ly/3jP1LPF

This event is a single channel conference hosted on Zoom. Since
participants are from across time zones, we'll be recording presentations
and making them available to registered attendees and participants for two
weeks after the conference. *You must register to receive the links to the
conference and the recorded videos*.

No registration with SHOT, our parent organization, is required. We're
using Eventbrite to handle registration, and running registration as
donation only, pay what you can. We provide tiered recommendations, but
everyone should only pay what they feel capable of contributing. If you
can't pay anything, shoot me an email and we'll make sure you're registered.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the conference!

--SIGCIS Meetings Organizing Committee
Laine Nooney, New York University (SIGCIS Vice-Chair of Meetings)
Stephanie Dick, University of Pennsylvania
Morgan G. Ames, University of California, Berkeley
Xiaochang Li, Stanford University