[SIGCIS-Members] Data on Bitnet

ULYSSES PASCAL upascal at ucla.edu
Tue Sep 29 16:02:08 PDT 2020

Hello

In the course of my research on the history of international business
information systems I came across this article about the history of BITNET
in Singapore:
http://phyweb.physics.nus.edu.sg/~phytanb/bitnet4.htm
It describes setting up BITNET at the National University of Singapore in
1987
And it even provides a copy of the first message sent with BITNET to the
National University of Singapore:
http://phyweb.physics.nus.edu.sg/~phytanb/email2.htm
Unfortunately it is not immediately useful for my research (to my knowledge
BITNET was not used for business communication?) but I hope you and your
colleagues find it interesting.

Best,
Ulysses Pascal
PhD Candidate