[SIGCIS-Members] New biggest hard drive candidate: Librascope Disk File

Cary Gray cggray at mac.com
Mon Sep 21 11:18:38 PDT 2020

The CHM description matches my memory of one of these platters as a table in the nook below the front stairs of Margaret Jacks Hall, around 1982 (then the home of Stanford's CS department). The fact about the platter that most impressed me was how thick it was. The 2 inches quoted on the CHM record seems a little high, but it has been almost 40 years since I used that table to study...

Voy Wiederhold's photo of a display looks like it is from Gates Hall.

	Cary Gray