[SIGCIS-Members] Early History of the Domain Name System [Paper]

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Wed May 27 10:35:55 PDT 2020

Hello all,

After procrastinating for nearly a decade I've decided to publish my MA/MSc
thesis online. It covers the genesis and early administration of the Domain
Name System, taking a special interest in the decisions that led to the
split gTLD/ccTLD structure. Perhaps a scholar looking into DNS history
might find it useful.

You can find the HTML version here: http://gade.us/thesis/

There is also a PDF version available here:
http://gade.us/thesis/naming-the-net.pdf

(Apologies ahead of time if it is inappropriate to post such things to this
list)

--
Eric