[SIGCIS-Members] Programmer vs. coder vs. sofware developer vs. software engineer

christina dunbar-hester c.dunbarhester at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:41:41 PDT 2020

Little late here, just catching up on listserv emails. I'd add Sareeta
Amrute's book Encoding Race, Encoding Class to the discussion of labels,
work "content", and status; her site is migrant coding/programming labor in
Germany, productively fitting these topics into global political economy.

**
Christina Dunbar-Hester
New book! *Hacking Diversity*
<https://press.princeton.edu/titles/14235.html>, Princeton U. Press
& less-new book *Low Power to the People*
<http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/low-power-people>, MIT Press