[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS Conference 2020: Regretfully Canceled

Jonathan Coopersmith j-coopersmith at tamu.edu
Sun May 3 20:42:19 PDT 2020

Thank you for recognizing the mental health of our colleagues as an
important consideration.  Your eloquent explanation of the cancellation
softened the expected and wise decision.

Stay sane, keep washing those hands, and practice social solidarity as well
as distancing,

JC

Jonathan Coopersmith
Professor
Department of History
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77843-4236
979.739.4708 (cell)
979.862.4314 (fax)

Reality article:
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/corona-exhausted-moral-fatigue-974311/

Most recent oped: "Will Artemis fail in the halls of Congress?"
https://www.thespacereview.com/article/3836/1

Apollo thoughts:
https://today.tamu.edu/2019/07/19/would-apollo-11-have-happened-without-russia/

*FAXED.  The Rise and Fall of the Fax Machine* (Johns Hopkins University
Press) is the co-recipient of the 2016 Business History Conference Hagley
Prize for best book in business history.