[SIGCIS-Members] History of computing in architecture -- references?

Andrew Meade McGee amm5ae at virginia.edu
Sun May 3 11:11:23 PDT 2020

Dear Telly,

I would suggest your student looks into the work of my CMU colleague Daniel
Cardoso, a computer historian and professor of architecture. His 2015
book *Builders
of the Vision* is an insightful history of computer-aided design. His
website, with links to several relevant articles, is here:
http://dcardo.com/
.
I have a peripheral connection with his work in reconstructing early CAD
software, and last year he exhibited a reconstruction of the 1972 CISP
system (by Christos Yessios) as part of an exhibit I curated on campus here
in Pittsburgh.

Daniel is quite approachable, and would probably be amenable to your
student reaching out to him.

Best,
Andrew