[SIGCIS-Members] Publication Announcement

James Cortada jcortada at umn.edu
Fri Mar 27 07:15:17 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues, I just published a short book--really an extended
essay-- *Living
with Computers: The Digital World of Today and Tomorrow* with
Springer-Verlag.  It speculates on the role and meaning of computers in
society, combining things we historians have learned with what other
disciplines are doing now (e.g., in AI) and potential effects on humans
going forward.  I raise questions and discuss implications.  The book is
aimed at a broad audience, discussing issues from the perspective of an
historian.  This book should not be confused with the 2 that Bill Aspray
and I published last fall, Fake News Nation and From Urban Legends to
Political Fact-Checking.

--
James W. Cortada
Senior Research Fellow