[SIGCIS-Members] SHOT member in the news

Andrew Meade McGee amm5ae at virginia.edu
Fri Jun 12 10:25:50 PDT 2020

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, Paul. I chatted with
Mr. Kelly several weeks ago and was away from my computer on Wednesday, so
I missed the article appearing. I will have to track down the paper copy
and clip it out for my mother, who still like a clipping every time I am
quoted somewhere.

John Kelly pens a delightful local interest column that I used to enjoy
reading back when I also got the newsprint version of the WaPo.

I mentioned to him during the interview the SIGCIS and SHOT communities
after he indicated his colleagues always wished for a wider pool of
scholars of history of technology and computers to contact for quotes and
story details. I passed on a slew of SIGCIS members' names and e-mail
addresses, including Esther Milne, whom the reporter also quoted in the
piece here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/youve-got-mail-what-does-your-email-signature-file-say-about-you/2020/06/09/4a44ac00-aa5b-11ea-a9d9-a81c1a491c52_story.html

.
So if any SIGCIS list members are approached by a Washington Post reporter
in the coming weeks looking for a quote on some aspect of your specialty, I
may be to blame.

Best,
Andrew
(Also Signature-less)