[SIGCIS-Members] the nature of computational error

Carolyn Kane carolyn.kane at ryerson.ca
Sun Jul 5 05:00:00 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Just copying the email I sent to Matthew a few days ago to contribute to
the scholarship on this subject.

"....a copy of my recent book (*High-Tech Trash: Glitch, Noise, and
Aesthetic Failure
<https://www.luminosoa.org/site/books/10.1525/luminos.83/>, *University of
California Press, 2019) which addresses themes of error, accident, and
failure in computational systems, albeit primarily from the perspective of
aesthetics."

The book can also be downloaded for free, through open access here: *High-Tech
Trash: Glitch, Noise, and Aesthetic Failure
<https://www.luminosoa.org/site/books/10.1525/luminos.83/>*

Best,

Carolyn L. Kane, Author of
*High-Tech Trash: Glitch, Noise, and Aesthetic Failure
<https://www.luminosoa.org/site/books/10.1525/luminos.83/>*
(University of California Press, 2019)

*Chromatic Algorithms: Synthetic Color, Computer Art, and Aesthetics after
Code
<http://www.amazon.com/Chromatic-Algorithms-Carolyn-L-Kane/dp/022600273X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387478152&sr=1-3>*
  (University of Chicago Press, 2014)

https://www.ryerson.ca/kane/
Associate Professor, School of Professional Communication
Faculty of Communication and Design
Ryerson University
80 Gould Street
Toronto, Ontario