[SIGCIS-Members] HSS/SHOT panel on cybernetics, psychology and anthropology

Angelica Clayton angelica.clayton at yale.edu
Wed Jan 29 10:02:48 PST 2020

Hello SIGCIS,
I haven't used this list before but I figured this might be of interest to
some of you! I am a third year PhD student at Yale University's history of
science and medicine program and am currently putting together a panel on
the intersections between cybernetics, psychology and anthropology for
2020's SHOT/HSS join conference. The panel will focus on second order
cybernetics and how it was used by figures such as Gregory Bateson and John
Lilly to theorize ideas of mental illness and think about self observation
as part of scientific method. We are still looking for panelists (as well
as a discussant and chair) so if this might be of interest or your research
might fit with the panel's topics, please do reach out!

All my best,
Angélica

Angelica Clayton
PhD Student
Program in the History of Science and Medicine | Yale University
angelica.clayton at yale.edu | (206) 434 - 6430