[SIGCIS-Members] Charles Babbage Institute's Just Code Symposium, Website/Program and Registration (Event May 8-9, 2020)

Jeffrey Yost yostx003 at umn.edu
Mon Feb 17 19:12:05 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The website for the Charles Babbage Institute's Symposium "Just Code:
Power, Inequality, and the Global Political Economy of IT" (May 8-9, 2020
at the Charles Babbage Institute, Andersen Library) is now up. Please see
the website at:

http://justcode.cbi.umn.edu/

The website includes the full program/schedule, registration form
(registration is free), and other information.

Con (UC Davis Assoc. Prof. of STS Gerardo Con Diaz) and I are thrilled with
the tremendous  program (stellar interdisciplinary scholars, diverse
geographies, and vital, insightful papers on IT and race, gender, labor,
disability, and the environment, and inequality/equality and
injustice/justice globally). We are greatly looking forward to the event!

I am hoping many of your will join us for this public day and a half
symposium! (registration required).  We've been delighted to see graduate
students and academics steadily registering to attend from throughout the
U.S. and across the globe. Please register soon, as space is limited.

Please forward to those who might be interested.

Best, Jeff and Con

Jeffrey R. Yost, Ph.D.
Director, Charles Babbage Institute
Research Professor, Program in the History of Science, Technology, and
Medicine

222  21st Avenue South
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455