[SIGCIS-Members] New Book

Barbara B Walker bbwalker at unr.edu
Wed Dec 16 08:57:53 PST 2020

Yes, Congratulations, Jim!

I look forward to reading!

Barbara

From: Members <members-bounces at lists.sigcis.org> on behalf of JoAnne Yates <jyates at mit.edu>
Date: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 at 8:55 AM
To: James Cortada <jcortada at umn.edu>, sigcis <members at sigcis.org>
Subject: Re: [SIGCIS-Members] New Book

Congratulations on another book, Jim!

JoAnne

From: Members <members-bounces at lists.sigcis.org> On Behalf Of James Cortada
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 10:58 AM
To: sigcis <members at sigcis.org>
Subject: [SIGCIS-Members] New Book

Dear colleagues, I wanted to bring to your attention a book of possible interest.  Rowman & Littlefield just published a book I wrote, Building Blocks of Society: History, Information Ecosystems, and Infrastructures, which brings together much of my thinking about how to write the history of information filled environments.  It includes a series of case studies dealing with computer scientists, IBM sales staffs, and how our community of IT historians created their own information ecosystem, in addition to other case studies.

Jim

--
James W. Cortada
Senior Research Fellow