[SIGCIS-Members] Is it a myth that David Letterman had a Top Ten List about the Pentium bug?

Bernard Geoghegan bernardgeoghegan2010 at u.northwestern.edu
Thu Aug 13 23:58:51 PDT 2020

Hi Ellen,

Perhaps ask CBS archives for the footage? I’ve had some luck getting NBC archives to pull some pretty obscure archival footage and furnish copies for manageable educational rates (i.e. reduced corporate rates, which is nonetheless substantially more than many other archives, like a few hundred bucks). I think Letterman was at CBS by then, and they might well do the same.

I have it in my mind that maybe Letterman had his own production company? If so, they might have the footage instead or as well?

Best, b

--

Bernard Dionysius Geoghegan

Senior Lecturer in the History and Theory of Digital Media

Chair of the UG Assessment Board, Digital Culture

www.bernardg.com

Department of Digital Humanities

King's College London

The Strand Building