[SIGCIS-Members] Postponement of 2020 Computer History Museum Prize

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Sun Apr 5 06:23:16 PDT 2020

Dear SIGCIS -

After consultation with SHOT leadership, as well as with the members of the Computer History Museum Prize Committee, we have reluctantly arrived at the unanimous decision to postpone the 2020 CHM Prize competition <https://www.sigcis.org/chmprize>.  SHOT recently made a similar announcement to postpone a few of its prizes <https://www.historyoftechnology.org/about-us/awards-prizes-and-grants/> - with extended eligibility so that any submissions eligible for 2020 prizes will remain eligible for 2021 prizes.

We are, however, moving ahead with the Mahoney Prize for 2020, which has a May 1 deadline for nominations.  For details on the Mahoney Prize, including directions for nominations, please visit https://www.sigcis.org/mahoneyprize <https://www.sigcis.org/mahoneyprize>.

Take care,

Andy