[SIGCIS-Members] SIGSALY photos?

Bernard Geoghegan bernardgeoghegan2010 at u.northwestern.edu
Wed Sep 11 05:11:13 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Can anyone recommend sources to get images of the SIGSALY cryptography machine, preferably from the 1940s (as opposed to a re-staging years later)? I’ve tried contacting the Crypto Museum, no answer, and there are images on Wikipedia of imperfectly documented provenance. However, I also think I’ve seen a few figures around over the years that aren’t circulating online—I can’t quite remember where, though.

I’d like to find hi-res images that I can get good and solid clearance to republish. Tips?

Best, b

--

Bernard Dionysius Geoghegan

Senior Lecturer in the History and Theory of Digital Media

Chair of the UG Assessment Board, Digital Culture

www.bernardg.com

Department of Digital Humanities

King's College London

The Strand Building