[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS Conference @ SHOT: Final Housekeeping

Laine Nooney laine.nooney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 15:57:25 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Just a couple notes for anyone joining us at the SIGCIS Conference this
Sunday.

*1. Keynote Change*
As you may known, Prof. Safiya Noble was slated to be our keynote for the
SIGCIS Conference in Milan. However, due to unexpected and
unforeseeable family matters, Prof. Noble had to decline the keynote role a
couple weeks ago. There's been lots of work behind the scenes to pull
together a new keynote on a tight turnaround, and thus we are pleased to
announce that our own SIGCIS Treasurer, Gerardo Con Díaz, will be serving
as keynote (just in time for the launch of his new book, *Software Rights*!).
The title of his talk will be: "What is Software?: Patent Law and the Many
Natures of Software."

*2. SIGCIS Badges*
In contrast to recent years,* registered SIGICS attendees will have their
own badges on Sunday, and these badges will be required to participate in
the SIGCIS Conference*. This is part of a larger effort we are coordinating
with SHOT to ensure that the costs of the SIGCIS conference are being
supported by the membership/attendees. If you did not have a chance to
register online, you will be able to do registration onsite in order to get
a badge. All attendees should head to the registration table Sunday
morning, between 8:00am and 8:45am, to pick up their badge.

The general schedule, and a PDF of the program, can be found here:
http://meetings.sigcis.org/conference-schedule.html

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions. I
look forward to seeing you at SHOT and SIGCIS!

-Laine Nooney, Vice-Chair of Meetings

Laine Nooney <http://www.lainenooney.com/>

MCC <http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/mcc/> @ NYU <http://www.nyu.edu/>
Assistant Professor

-Need to make an appt? Click, don't email: https://bit.ly/2GIHuK0
-Probably typed by voice recognition, so please cherish typos