[SIGCIS-Members] NASA contributions to computer development

Corinna Kirsch corinna.kirsch at stonybrook.edu
Fri May 31 14:08:36 PDT 2019

Depending on the nature of the journalist's interest in "computer
development," I'd suggest pointing the journalist in the direction of
Margaret Hamilton and team's work on Apollo software. I'm not sure what
type of interest the journalist has in "computer development": big
machines, fast processors, virtual reality software, prototyping?

http://news.mit.edu/2016/scene-at-mit-margaret-hamilton-apollo-code-0817
http://wg18.criticalcodestudies.com/index.php?p=/discussion/17/week-1-gendering-the-apollo-11-onboard-in-flight-software

http://news.mit.edu/2016/scene-at-mit-margaret-hamilton-apollo-code-0817

Corinna J. Kirsch
PhD Candidate in Modern Art History, Criticism, and Theory
<http://art.stonybrook.edu/person/corinna-kirsch-mcdonald/>
Stony Brook University, State University of New York
Phone: +1 (936) 697-1902

[image: Stony Brook University logo]
prohibited.