[SIGCIS-Members] Announcing Launch Issue of ROMchip: A Journal of Game Histories

Laine Nooney laine.nooney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 09:38:15 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm very delighted to announce the launch issue of *ROMchip: A Journal of
Game Histories*, cofounded by myself, Henry Lowood, and Raiford Guins.
*ROMchip *is an online, hybrid-audience scholarly journal, a platform
designed for the advancement of critical historical studies of games
(digital, electronic, and analog).

You can check out our first issue here
<http://romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal/index>
You can read our newsletter here <https://mailchi.mp/78bdc0c8e2d6/romchip01>
You can learn more about *ROMchip *here
<http://romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal/about>

*ROMchip *is also accepting content! We publish traditional peer reviewed
articles, interviews and oral histories, and "object lesson"-style short
essays on historic game artifacts. You can learn more about our content
types at our FAQ <http://romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal/faq>. We are
open to submissions from scholars across all disciplines, as well as
independent researchers, journalists, designers, enthusiasts--anyone
invested in taking games seriously.

Cheers,

Laine Nooney <http://www.lainenooney.com/>

MCC <http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/mcc/> @ NYU <http://www.nyu.edu/>
Assistant Professor

-Need to make an appt? Click, don't email: https://bit.ly/2GIHuK0
-Probably typed by voice recognition, so please cherish typos