[SIGCIS-Members] AJN Science Communication Awards

Chuck House housec1839 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 08:31:02 PST 2019

Many of you know that I’ve been involved for a couple of years with the Novim Group based at the Kavli Institute of Theoretical Physics at University of California Santa Barbara, as director of their AJN Science Communication awards.   Last year we honored John Ioannidis and Byron Reeves at Stanford, Maria Klawe of Harvey Mudd College, and Alan Alda.   Nominations are now open for the 2019 Awards which will be presented at Stanford on April 24.  Nominations are open until March 1.   Description of the several awards, pictures and bios of last year’s awardees, and a nomination form are available at https://www.novim.org

I’d really appreciate your consideration of possible nominees.

Best regards,

Chuck House

805-570-6706