[SIGCIS-Members] COMIT on IBM 709/0 at MIT in the 1950-60s

Dennis Y.T. dt2406 at columbia.edu
Tue Jan 15 09:37:48 PST 2019

Hello all, I am writing a paper on the history of COMIT string processing
language at MIT in the late 1950--early 60s, which involves parsing a few
published programs written in the language. So far, I've made great
progress using available documentation but I would also love to speak to
anybody who was involved with the project (under Yngve or others at RLE or
the Computing Center), and especially anybody experienced with coding in
COMIT. Please get in touch if you are interested. With regards,

Dennis

Dennis Yi Tenen
Associate Professor
Department of English and Comparative Literature
Columbia University in the City of New York
http://denten.github.io/ | 415.215.3315
*Plain Text: The Poetics of Computation
<http://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=26821>* (Stanford UP, 2017)