[SIGCIS-Members] IBM History

Pierre Mounier-Kuhn mounier at msh-paris.fr
Tue Jan 15 02:49:22 PST 2019

Congratulations, Jim, for this mighty work ! We are eager to read it.
I happen to participate today in a meeting about the history of computing in Nancy. This local saga started with a visit of Norbert Wiener in 1947 and the arrival of an IBM 604 a few years later. I presented an early ad for this machine (attached), stressing that it simply said "Electronic Calculator" for an obvious reason: There was no other on the market.
Best,
Pierre
Pierre Mounier-Kuhn
CNRS & Sorbonne Université