[SIGCIS-Members] new book on history of computing at NSF

Jeffrey Yost yostx003 at umn.edu
Tue Dec 10 09:02:09 PST 2019

Congratulations Bill, Peter, and Rick!  (Just purchased a copy)

We, of course, are thrilled this tremendously important (paper and digital)
collection of archival materials and oral histories are being added to the
CBI Archives--it will be invaluable to researchers studying the strategic,
technical, social, and policy history of academic and government computer
science and engineering research over many decades.  It also is an
incredible complement to our Academic Computing Collection, our many oral
histories on leaders and projects of DARPA's IPTO (a substantial number
conducted by Bill), and our ACM Organization Records. I would like to
publicly thank Peter, Bill, and Rick for this landmark project, the path
breaking book, the opportunity to serve on the advisory committee with
distinguished colleagues Janet and Tom, and especially for donating the
abundant and extremely rich collected materials/records/oral histories to
CBI, we are very grateful.

Best, Jeff

Jeffrey R. Yost, Ph.D.
Director, Charles Babbage Institute
Research Professor, Program in the History of Science, Technology, and
Medicine

222  21st Avenue South
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455