[SIGCIS-Members] Mar Hicks wins Sally Hacker Prize

Sarah Roberts roberts at gseis.ucla.edu
Thu Oct 25 16:45:20 PDT 2018

While we are celebrating all these incredible contributions and prizes for work done by SIGCIS members, I thought I’d give a shout out to our own Mar Hicks, whose Programmed Inequality is the winner of this year’s SHOT Sally Hacker Prize. What an incredible statement as to the importance of the history of computer to a larger constituency. Congrats to Mar and to all winners! I’m in awe.

Warmly,
Sarah

—

S a r a h  T.  R o b e r t s,  P h. D.

Assistant Professor
University of California, Los Angeles
Department of Information Studies
Graduate School of Education & Information Studies
https://is.gseis.ucla.edu/

Blogging periodically at
http://illusionofvolition.com

**Please note: I’m increasingly finding email unmanageable. If I don’t respond and your issue is urgent, please resend and indicate that in the subject line. Your message likely just got lost in the shuffle. Thanks.