[SIGCIS-Members] Belated Book Announcemnt

Brian McCullough internethistorypodcast at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:23:25 PST 2018

Hey everyone:

Belated book announcement here: How The Internet Happened From Netscape To
The iPhone
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1631493078?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=1JW57MD3EF8X38MM6XZ0>
.

Just got word that the book was named Best of Technology Nonfiction
<https://www.libraryjournal.com/?page=best-books-2018> from Library Journal
for 2018. Kirkus Starred Review
<https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/brian-mccullough/how-the-internet-happened/>.
Wall Street Journal review
<https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the-internet-happened-review-building-a-world-online-1541111101>.
The book was designed to be a mainstream-accessible introduction to how
technology infiltrated all our lives over the last 25 years. Would make a
great syllabus addition to provide a baseline for almost any course you're
teaching in the history of tech, business or what have you. Published by
Norton, available in e-book format and audiobook as well, I hope you'll
read, enjoy and consider assigning it.

My thanks especially to Laine and Luke for introducing me to y'all and all
I met at the SIGCIS event at the Computer History Museum a few years ago.
Your encouragement and support helped this book happen!

--
Brian McCullough
Internet History Podcast
internethistorypodcast at gmail.com