[SIGCIS-Members] What happened on the list last year

drjoy drjoy at joyrankin.com
Wed Nov 28 10:49:31 PST 2018

Hello SIGCIS Colleagues,

First, thank you for your many on- and off-list messages of
congratulations and support for my book. I deeply appreciate them,
especially in the context of what I'm about to share.
Those of you who were on the list last spring saw my work savaged by a
man named Brian Dear. Even then, I received on- and off-list messages of
support for my scholarship. But what happened publicly was only one
piece of a terrible, terrible year.
Here is a fuller picture:
https://medium.com/@drjoy/why-im-firing-michigan-state-sexual-harassment-online-harassment-and-utter-institutional-6663a6bde68e
SIGCIS as an organization did the right thing, and for that, I'm
grateful.Regards,
Joy