[SIGCIS-Members] "yet another" book-- on GPS

Ceruzzi, Paul CeruzziP at si.edu
Mon Nov 19 06:22:19 PST 2018

I have just published a “concise history” of the Global Positioning System:
https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/gps.
I know we had a discussion here about dockless bicycles & scooters, which some of you felt was off-topic. In this book I try to show that geolocation—effected by not only GPS but also by cell-phone and wi-fi triangulation—is as potentially game-changing as the introduction of the internet was to personal computing. Not just dockless scooters but also Uber, Yelp, robot taxis, civil and military drones, “flying cars,” et al. The future is going to get very weird!
Paul Ceruzzi
ceruzzip at si.edu<mailto:ceruzzip at si.edu>
202-633-2414