[SIGCIS-Members] Cray 1 disassembled

Kevin Walsh kwalsh at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 15 09:00:33 PST 2018

The Cray 1 from the Cray museum will be disassembled after 1500 today
Central time where it is on display at the annual supercomputer conference
in Dallas.  We will take camera shots from several angles to show the
interior of the machine as the power supply covers are being removed.

Many older timers who used this machine are stopping by to tell stories.
We are capturing many of the stories modulo memories of the late 1970s.

Stay tuned.  We will announce when we go live later this afternoon.

Should be able to tune in here -

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SCconferences/videos/?ref=page_internal

Thanks,
Kevin Walsh