[SIGCIS-Members] [update] deadline approaching for Histories of Computing in Eastern Europe workshop

Chris Leslie chrisleslienyc at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 01:45:23 PDT 2018

Please forward among your colleagues and networks …

Call for Papers
Histories of Computing in Eastern Europe
IFIP Working Group 9.7

Part of the 24th IFIP World Congress
Poznan University of Technology, Poland
19-21 September 2018

The conference committee has begun to review papers for our history of computing workshop at the next IFIP World Computing Congress, which will be held in Poznan, Poland. Draft papers may be submitted any time before June 15.

IFIP’s Working Group 9.7, which is dedicated to international histories of computing, is sponsoring a series of papers on 19-21 September as part of the next IFIP World Congress. Given the World Congress’s location, we are particularly interested in histories that reflect computing and informatics in eastern Europe. Academic historians and lovers of history, computing and informatics professionals, archivists, museum curators, and others are welcome to submit papers. More information about the workshop is available on the working group website (http://ifipwg97.org).

As has been the working group's past practice, we request submission of draft papers for consideration. Accepted papers will be revised based on comments from reviewers and be distributed to participants before the workshop to ensure a lively conversation. After the workshop, authors will have the chance to incorporate feedback from the audience before submitting their final papers for consideration in the edited volume of selected papers for the proceedings, which will be published by Springer as a volume in the IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology (IFIP-AICT) series.

In order to participate, please submit a draft of your paper via the Springer Online Conference Service. The OCS portal for this workshop is available at https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/HCEE2018.

Review of draft papers will continue until June 15. Revised versions of accepted papers will be distributed to conference participants on September 1. Enquires in advance of your submission or questions about Springer OCS may be addressed to the chair of the working group, Chris Leslie (chrisleslienyc at hotmail.com<mailto:chrisleslienyc at hotmail.com>).