[SIGCIS-Members] New Exhibit opens in Makimoto Library

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:42:34 PDT 2018

Received via the Computer History Museum:

From: Tsugio Makimoto <makimoto at tsugio.jp>
Date: Monday, May 7, 2018 at 9:15 PM
To: 牧本 <makimoto at tsugio.jp>
Subject: New Exhibit open in Makimoto Library

Dear my friends,

It is my pleasure to inform you that a new Exhibit is open in MAKIMOTO
LIBRARY on the site of Semiconductor History Museum of Japan or SHMJ (
http://www.shmj.or.jp/english/index.html) with the following title.
Exhibit III “Semiconductor as the Engine of Modern Civilization”
(http://www.shmj.or.jp/makimoto/en/)

This is an essay based on the speech held in 2015 in commemoration of the
Global IT Award which I received from the President of Armenia in 2013.
It describes how the “nomadic society” was created thanks to the progress
of semiconductor technology centering on the COMS innovation. It is
forecast that the further progress of semiconductor technology will lead to
the rise of Robotics Wave.
In the concluding remarks, it states that “semiconductor is the engine of
modern civilization. There is no future for a country, if it loses this
engine”.

I wish you will enjoy reading this article.

Regards,
Tsugio Makimoto
Director of SHMJ