[SIGCIS-Members] Fwd: SHOT International Small Grants

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Mar 13 22:43:15 PDT 2018

FYI
-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Honghong Tinn <hhtinn at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:13 PM
Subject: SHOT International Small Grants
To: Mara Mills <mmills at nyu.edu>, Jenny Leigh SMITH <jenny.smith at ust.hk>

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am writing to ask for your help with advertising the International Small
Grants of the Society for the History of Technology (SHOT), on behalf of
the International Small Grants Committee of SHOT.

SHOT welcomes endorsement requests for events that globalize the Society’s
intellectual terrain as well as broaden its international membership. SHOT
seeks to advance the historical study of technology and its relations with
politics, economics, labor, business, the environment, public policy,
science, and the arts. The International Small Grants Program aims to
foster a stronger international community for the study of the history of
technology. We welcome proposals that engage with international and
transnational topics of technology, as well as those who promote the growth
of an international network of scholars in the history of technology.

We will consider proposals from external individuals and organizations. In
2018, deadlines for submitting proposals for funded endorsements are April
5 and September 15, and should be sent by email directly to each member of
the International Small Grants Committee. The 2018 Committee members
include Mara Mills (mmills at nyu.edu), Jenny L. Smith (jenny.smith at ust.hk),
and Honghong Tinn (chair) (tinnho at earlham.edu). Please see the SHOT website
for further details: https://www.historyoftechnology.org/how-to-apply/

Thank you so much in advance. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you
have any questions or suggestions.

Sincerely,
Honghong Tinn, on behalf of the SHOT International Small Grants Committee

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast