[SIGCIS-Members] Reminder - call for student volunteers at Supercomputing 2018

Kevin Walsh kwalsh at ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 4 22:22:00 PDT 2018

Reminder from the email I sent last month.

I am the 30th Anniversary team lead for the ACM/IEEE Supercomputing
conference.  I am looking for some grad students in the history of
computing/technology/programming languages.  See below on how to
participate.  When applying, indicate you want to work with the 30th
Anniversary team.  Spoiler alert - We will have a Cray 1 on display.

General announcement -

*Are you an undergraduate or graduate student?*

*This is one of the best opportunities for your undergraduate and soon to
be graduating PhD students!!!  Please share widely to students on your
campus or organizations you work with!!*

*Are you intrigued by the use of advanced computing capabilities to solve
the world’s most challenging scientific, engineering, and data challenges?*

*Are you interested in participating in the world’s premier conference for
high-performance computing (aka scientific computing or computational
sciences)?*

The Students at SC program will offer ~200 domestic and international students
the opportunity to participate in student-oriented as well as standard
conference activities at the SC 2018 conference in  Dallas, Texas in
November 2018. These activities include professional development workshops;
technical talks, tutorials and panels by famous researchers and industry
leaders; exploring the exhibits; and developing lasting peer connections.

Apply now to participate in the *Student Volunteers* (deadline: June
15), *Experiencing
HPC for Undergraduates* (deadline: July 31) or*Doctoral Showcase Programs* (
deadline: July 31). We especially welcome applicants from underrepresented
groups including women, racial minorities, and persons with disabilities.

See attached flyer or website for details: https: //sc18.supercomputing.org/
experience/studentssc/

###

Kevin Walsh
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
HiSeasNet Support
KK6FRK
(858)822-3356 <(858)%20822-3356>