[SIGCIS-Members] 200+ Years of Women in Computing Exhibit

George Keremedjiev director at compustory.com
Mon Jun 4 15:19:43 PDT 2018

Dear History of Computing Aficionados:

Our museum opened a new exhibit last Friday - “200+ Years of Women in Computing” with numerous photographs, videos AND 4 very rare items:

1. One of 5 (6?) known offprint copies of Luigi Federico Menabrea's, Sketch of the Analytical Engine invented by Charles Babbage ... with notes by the translator Augusta Ada Lovelace. Offprint from Scientific Memoirs III (1843). London: Richard and John E. Taylor, 1843. In very good condition.

2. A portion of a letter handwritten and signed in full by Augusta Ada Lovelace (very rare as there are few letters on display with this full signature).

3. Manual of Operation for the Automatic Sequence Controlled Calculator, 1946, 1st edition Signed by Grace Hopper.

4. An autographed photograph of mathematician Katherine Johnson (NACA/NASA - featured subject in the movie, “Hidden Figures”).

We are now the #1 attraction in the greater Bozeman area per TripAdvisor:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45095-d481531-Reviews-American_Computer_Museum-Bozeman_Montana.html <https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45095-d481531-Reviews-American_Computer_Museum-Bozeman_Montana.html>

***Should any of you be visiting the greater Yellowstone National Park area this summer - consider emailing me as we would be very pleased to take you on a private tour of our museum.***

Best,
George

George Keremedjiev
Director