[SIGCIS-Members] ENIAC in Action -- paperback out, Kindle just $14.49

Thomas Haigh thomas.haigh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:01:04 PST 2018

Hello SIGCIS,

Our list policy allows one publication announcement per edition of a book,
so I though I'd shamelessly exploit that to let you know that the paperback
edition of _ENIAC in Action: Making and Remaking the Modern Computer_ which
I wrote with Mark Priestley and Crispin Rope, appeared last month. It even
had a real index, unlike the hardcover. List price $25.

I also notice that Amazon is currently having a sale on the Kindle edition,
which is marked down to just $14.49.

As before, there are lots of resources associated with the book at
http://eniacinaction.com/. Talk videos, related articles, technical reports,
etc. Even a page listing things Walter Isaacson got wrong about ENIAC
(http://eniacinaction.com/the-articles/eniac-errors-in-isaacsons-the-innovat
ors/).