[SIGCIS-Members] Active institutional or individual oral history efforts in history of computing *outside* US

Martin Schmitt schmitt at zzf-potsdam.de
Thu Feb 8 06:45:50 PST 2018

Hi David,

there are a lot of resources in Germany, too. Not only the personal collections, but also institutional ones.
For example you’ve got this portal with oral history interviews which you can search for „Computer“ for example: http://www.zeitzeugen-portal.de/suche?q=Computer
Also there were several projects like Siefkes, D. et. al. (Hgg.) (1999): Pioniere der Informatik Ihre Lebensgeschichte im Interview, Berlin, Heidelberg.

Like Gleb, the situation with our current project on computerization is that it will also produce some OH material coming next years. Our institute is thinking about hosting them. Let me know if there is an interest for cooperation with our institute.

Best
Martin

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter | Doktorand | digital enthusiast

ZENTRUM FÜR ZEITHISTORISCHE FORSCHUNG | POTSDAM
Mail: schmitt at zzf-potsdam.de <mailto:schmitt at zzf-pdm.de>
Tel: +49 331 - 74510-119
http://www.zzf-pdm.de/site/991/Default.aspx
BLOG - www.computerisierung.com

Vice Chair of IFIP WG 9.7 „History of computing"

Neu erschienen: Martin Schmitt - Internet im Kalten Krieg.
http://www.transcript-verlag.de/detail/index/sArticle/3569